Thejesh GN (ತೇಜೇಶ್ ಜಿ.ಎನ್) “Thej” is an Independent Technologist, Hacker, Traveler, Blogger, InfoActivist, Open data and Open internet enthusiast from Bangalore, India. He is the co-founder and chairman of DataMeet Trust. DataMeet is a community of Data Science and Open Data enthusiasts in India. DataMeet organizes meetups around the country and runs Open DataCamps (ODC). His belief in open data and open research lead him to open up his genome data(DNA) in 2013.
He loves hacking Open Source software. Loves talking at events and hosting workshops. He is passionate about using technology in social sector. He was awarded with Infosys Community Empathy Fellowship (2010) to work for a year at Janaagraha.
Easiest way to reach him is by emailing [ i @ thejeshgn dot com] or use this form.
He graduated as an Electronics and Communication engineer from VTU in 2002. His career started with Siemens Information Systems Ltd as an intern. In 2003 he joined Infosys Technologies Ltd as a Software Engineer. Since then, he has taken many roles such as Developer, Programmer Analyst, Technical Specialist and Technical Architect. Below is the list of his associations with various organizations.
- Siemens Ltd – Internship Jun 2002 – Dec 2002
- Infosys Tech Ltd – Tech Specialist – Jan. 2003 – Feb. 2011
- UbuntuAtWork – Technologist – Volunteer and then Tech. Consultant – 2009,2010
- Janaagraha – Tech Manager (Infosys Fellowship) – Jan. 2010 – Dec. 2010
- Janaagraha – Technologist – Mar. 2011 – Feb. 2012
- IWP – Data Consultant – Jul.2012 – Mar.2014
- NextDrop Org – Tech Architect – Jul.2012 – Dec.2013
- Mavrix Ltd – Tech Architect – Mar.2011 – current
- DataMeet/ODCBLR – Co-founder/Organizer – 2012 – current
- Fourthlion – Technologist – Project based consulting – InstaVaani
- OptimumInfoSystem/Client: Google India – Course Builder Engineer – Jan.2015 – Dec.2016
- Executive Board of Oorvani Foundation – Tech – Nov.2015 – current
- Occasionally write for FactorDaily
You may want to read terms and conditions, disclosures, relationships, comment policy and copyright related information.