I am creating a yearly
$1000₹80,0001 micro-grant to support something meaningful. Grant is named after my mother – Nagarathna. The reason for grant could be anything as long its meaningful to you and people around. Though I prefer free and open source or creative commons projects, It’s not a must. It’s a no strings attached grant.
Table of Contents
Closed for 2018. Wait for 2019 announcements.
What type of projects?
Any kind of project2 as long as you are passionate about it. Some examples are
- You want to work on that FOSS project for a month or two
- You want to take an internship that you can’t afford or visa that you can’t afford
- You want to take a small course or a workshop that will help you
- School fees for a kid you know who can’t afford
- As initial fund for setting up pension scheme for a person you know who can’t afford
Who can apply?
Anyone, from anywhere.
No strings attached?
Yes, No strings attached. I give 50% of promised at the beginning and 50% later.
Will I get full?
As much as you require with upper limit total microgrant sum. Let’s say the workshop you are taking costs ₹50,000, then its ₹50,000. We can give the rest to someone else.
How can I apply?
You need to send an email to [ grant at thejeshgn.com ] . It is open for 2018. Deadline is May 15th 2018. Include the following details
- Full Name, Email and Phone
- What would you use this grant for?
- Anything else that you want to tell me
- Feb 14 every year – Application process opens
- Mar 14 every year – Application process closes
- April 14 every year – Announcement
Keep me informed
We have an announcement only list to keep you updated about the grant related information.
To subscribe to the list, send an email to email@example.com and to unsubscribe from this list, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is probably the best way.