I am creating a yearly ₹1,00,0001 micro-grant to support something meaningful. Grant is named after my mother - Nagarathna. The reason for grant could be anything as long its meaningful to you and people around. Though I prefer free and open source or creative commons projects, It's not a must. It's a no strings attached grant.
Table of Contents
NMG+GSUS – 2022 – Results announcement blog post.
- Anisha Jayadevan - The Living Museum Book
- Nita Shashidharan - PHD Student
- Shruti Viswanathan - The Equals Project Podcast
- Shreyas R. Krishnan - South Asian Avant-Garde (SAAG) Anthology
- Bharti Lalwani - Bagh-e Hind
Total grant for 2022 was Rs. 2,50,000. Thanks to Nemo and Gangadhar for additional grant support.
2021 - Nagarathna Memorial Grant + GSUS Grant Results announcement blog post.
- Prashanth NS - Bangalae Podu (BR Hills) Village Library
- Open Space Foundation - Democrazily science
- Ejnana - Science and Technology in Kannada
- Vachana Sanchaya
Total grant for 2022 was Rs. 2,50,000. Thanks to Gangadhar for additional grant support.
2020 - Nagarathna Memorial Grant Results announcement blog post.
Total grant for 2022 was Rs. 1,25,000. Thanks to anonymous for additional grant support.
2019 - Nagarathna Memorial Grant Results announcement blog post.
- Omshivaprakash - Pustaka Sanchaya
2018 - Nagarathna Memorial Grant Results announcement blog post.
- Vasundhara Social Welfare Society
- Banwasi Seva Ashram
- Kid in our neighborhood
What type of projects?
Any kind of project2 as long as you are passionate about it. Some examples are
- You want to work on that FOSS project for a month or two
- You want to take an internship that you can't afford or visa that you can't afford
- You want to take a small course or a workshop that will help you
- School fees for a kid you know who can't afford
- As initial fund for setting up pension scheme for a person you know who can't afford
Who can apply?
Anyone, from anywhere.
No strings attached?
Yes, No strings attached. I give 50% of promised at the beginning and 50% later.
Will I get full?
As much as you require with upper limit total microgrant sum. Let's say the workshop you are taking costs ₹50,000, then its ₹50,000. We can give the rest to someone else.
How can I apply?
Usually involves filling up a small form with the following details. You will get access to the form when the application is open.
- Full Name, Email and Phone
- What would you use this grant for?
- Anything else that you want to tell me
- Jan 14 every year - Application process opens
- Mar 14 every year - Application process closes
- April 14 every year - Announcement
Keep me informed
We have an announcement only list to keep you updated about the grant related information.
To subscribe to the list, send an email to email@example.com and to unsubscribe from this list, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is probably the best way.
There are options available choose whichever you like or fits your need. I usually use the standard color logo.