I am creating a yearly $10001 micro-grant to support something meaningful. Grant is named after my mother – Nagarathna. The reason for grant could be anything as long its meaningful to you and people around. Though I prefer free and open source or creative commons projects, It’s not a must. It’s a no strings attached grant.
Table of Contents
In the process.
What type of projects?
Any kind of project2 as long as you are passionate about it. Some examples are
- You want to work on that FOSS project for a month or two
- You want to take an internship that you can’t afford or visa that you can’t afford
- You want to take a small course or a workshop that will help you
- School fees for a kid you know who can’t afford
- As initial fund for setting up pension scheme for a person you know who can’t afford
Who can apply?
Anyone, from anywhere.
No strings attached?
Yes, No strings attached. I give 50% of promised at the beginning and 50% later.
Will I get $1000 full?
As much as you require with upper limit being $1000. Let’s say the workshop you are taking costs $500, then its $500. We can give the rest $500 to someone else.
How can I apply?
You need to send an email to [ grant at thejeshgn.com ] . It is open for 2018. Deadline is May 15th 2018. Include the following details
- Full Name, Email and Phone
- What would you use this grant for?
- Anything else that you want to tell me