Book: Anything you want
Just finished Anything you want by Derek Sivers. Its not your boring business book even though it talks about CDBaby. Its a small book with lots of stories. It reads like a blog, hence its more personal than most of the business books. But it does have some good suggestions for anybody who wants startup anything.
Some interesting quotes from the Book
- When you make a company, you make a utopia. It’s where you design your perfect world.
- “Revolution” is a term that people use only when you’re successful. Before that, you’re just a quirky person who does things differently.
- If you’re not saying “HELL YEAH!” about something, say “no”.
- Resist the urge to punish everyone for one person’s mistake.
- Whatever you make, it’s your creation, so make it your personal dream come true.
Another interesting part of this book is about the way it got published. Its published by Domino Project, started by Seth Godin.
The Domino Project is named after the domino effect—one powerful idea spreads down the line, pushing from person to person. The Project represents a fundamental shift in the way books (and digital media based on books) have always been published. Eventually consisting of a small cadre of stellar authors, this is a publishing house organized around a new distribution channel, one that wasn’t even a fantasy when most publishers began.
For most of us Indians, its not available if its not on FlipKart :( So Domino Project please do push it to FlipKart. Kindle owners don’t have to worry.