Top 7 email tips for office users
Below are some points I remember every time I send a mail.
- Don’t enter the email address into to or cc before composing the mail. There is a chance to hit ctrl+enter (send) any time. Leading to half composed mails being sent. Hence compose the mails first. Then add to and cc
- Attach the attachments first or you may forget to attach
- Don’t paste the screen shots directly into a mail. While using mail clients like Outlook or Thunderbird there is tendency to paste the image directly into mail. This causes slow opening of mail and unnecessary scrolling. Irritates reader on internet (may be fine in intranet). Sometimes the user may not be interested in screen shot. Better way would be save the screen shot as image with proper name. And then attach it as attachment
- Enable spell and grammar check always
- When sending a single line messages use subject line. If don’t have any content for the body of the mail then end the subject line with <eom>. <eom> signifies end of mail
- Use ALT + Print Screen to take the screen shots
- You can use save attachments feature in outlook (gmail too) to download all attachments at once
If you have such tips which can help users to communicate better post them in comments section.