Maratha Light Infantry and War Cries
Around 400 hundred Indian soldiers of Maratha Light Infantry led the march yesterday in Paris. I was reading the history of them on wikipedia and then the words "bol Shri Chattrapati Shivaji Maharaj ki Jai' caught my interest. Its the war cry of MLI. Here is the list of other war cries from India.
- Maratha Light Infantry - Bol Shri Chattrapati Shivaji Maharaj ki Jai! ("Cry Victory to King Shivaji!")
- Punjab Regiment, Sikh Regiment and Sikh Light Infantry - Bole So Nihal, Sat Sri Akal (Blessed is the one who proclaims the Truth of God)
- Naga Regiment - Jai Durga Naga (Hail Durga Naga)
- The Madras Regiment- Veera Madrassi, Adi Kollu , Adi Kollu(Brave Madrassi, Hit and Kill, Hit and Kill!)
- Brigade of the Guards - Garud Ka Hun Bol Pyare (I am from the Guards, Say O my friend)
- Mechanised Infantry Regiment - Bol Bharat Mata Ki Jai (Victory to Mother India)
- The Grenadiers - Sarvada Shaktishali !
- Rajputana Rifles - Raja Ram Chandra Ki Jai (Victory to Raja Ram Chandra)
- Rajput Regiment - Bol Bajrang Bali Ki Jai (Victory to Lord Hanuman)
- Dogra Regiment - Jawala Mata Ki Jai (Victory to Goddess Jawala)
- The Garhwal Rifles - Badri Vishal Lal Ki Jai (Victory to the Great Lord Badri Nath)
- Kumaon Regiment - Kalika Mata Ki Jai (Victory to the Great Goddess Kali) Bajrang Bali Ki Jai (Victory to Bajrang Bali) Dada Kishan Ki Jai (Victory to Dada Kishan) Jai Durge Naga
- Assam - Rhino Charge
- Bihar Regiment - Jai Bajrang Bali (Victory to Bajrang Bali) Birsa Munda Ki Jai (Victory to Birsa Munda)
- Jat - Jat Balwan, Jai Bhagwan (The Jat is powerful, Victory to god!)
- Ayo Gorkhali (The Gorkhas are here)
Some of them are really powerful and will make anybody stand and fight for their regiment
If you know any others please log below.
PS: Added later
- Kittur chennamma and other north Karnataka rulers : Parvati Pateyah Har Har Mahadev (Victory to the Supreme God, The Lord of Parvati)
- Moghuls : "Allahu Akbar" "God is great"