Nagarathna Memorial Grant – 2019 Open for Applications
Nagarathna Memorial Grant is a no strings attached grant of one lakh rupees (~$1400). It's a micro grant targeted at everyone. The reason for grant could be anything as long its meaningful to you and people around. Though I prefer free and open source or creative commons projects. It's not a must. It's an yearly grant. This is our second year and applications for the year 2019 is open today.
Please remember the important dates and the application is a very simple email.
- Feb 14, 2019 – Application process opens
- Mar 14, 2019 – Application process closes
- April 14, 2019 – Announcement
There is also an announcement only email list which you can join by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. It's the best way to keep informed.
Your support allowed us to:
1) keep our blog (indscicomm.blog) running for a period of one year (our blog is the digital repository and showcase for all the science communication materials we produce)
2) buy digital icons to populate our blog
3) make a donation to support Audacity, which is the open source and free audio editing software that we use to make all our podcasts
4) buy a subscription to Science News for a period of one year (Science News is an American bi-weekly magazine devoted to short articles about new scientific and technical developments, which is run by the Society for Science and the Public)
So nothing is out of scope.
- Just curious. I wouldn't have minded if they didn't answer. I am happy they did. ↩