The Year that was 2017
Year 2017 has been a mixed bag. I really enjoyed parts of it, I struggled through other parts, I fell sick, Got things done etc. But now at the end of the year, if I look back I am very happy about the way 2017 turned out.
- Appa and I went on a great road trip earlier this year. I fell sick after coming back. I was out of action for two months. But I really enjoyed being on road with him. I want to do one more road trip with him in 2018
- Nisha is officially leaving India. It’s a great loss personally and to DataMeet. I don’t think anyone can take her place.
- Anju and I can’t imagine our life without Max
- I got to see Obama and present DataMeet’s recommendations to FM and his team for next budget
- I will continue to work for NPTEL and we had a great year serving millions. I wrote for FactorDaily, worked for DataMeet, Mavrix, Walk-in, BuzzIndia, OpenCity. I am very happy about the work situation.
- I started a series called DataCanLie
- I still don’t have Aadhaar. I am resisting getting one as long as possible. I wrote a few posts this year on Aadhaar. Feedback is welcome.
- I wrote a couple of posts in Kannada on Amma and I want to write more this year. There is so much to write about her. And much thanks to my friend Supriya for editing posts.
- Would love to get back to podcasting this year
- Books: Not enough this year. 21 books in all. I want to read at least 40 and would be very happy if I reach 52 in 2018.
- Movies: Watched a lot this year. 84 in all in 7 languages (Kannada, English, Malayalam, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi). Like to restrict it to 52 at max in 2018.
- Podcasts: A lot. At least 600 hours
- Code/Github: Not bad. I have figured a new way to track. Net year we will have better logs.
- I started this tradition of year end posts 10 years back in 2007. Time flies.