This is the seventh year of “The Year that was” series. This was the most successful year until now according to me. Here are some of the highlights
- Life was great. I am married now. Its much better now :)
- Working with Mavrix has been very fruitful, We released mobile apps this year and also I am very proud of our Hindi version
- I got to attend TTC InfoActivismCamp. Met a lot of inspiring people. I need to complete that blog post. I will, may be a bunch of them
- ODC BLR 2013 was great
- I got to attend Transparency Camp in USA. Camp inspired me to start AskYourGovt.in. I have long list of features for it and a sister site ready to launch.
- Read 17 books this year.
- Crowd Funded some interesting projects. (Lucia, CastAR, Aaron Swartz Documentary,Trsst, Radar CitizenReporting, CitizenMatters) and was able to support Green Peace, Democracy Now and some others on Flattr
- OpenBangalore.org launched. The site where I personally collect data related to Bangalore and share under open data licenses
- OpenPostboxIndia is my happy postbox project. We have 140+ boxes geotagged as of now. Data is available on GitHub as JSONs. You can contribute too.
- My DNA is open
- I have been blogging for a decade now
- My First 10k Run. Felt good even though I was slow.
- My First Kumbha Mela. I want to be there every time from now on.
- Great family vacation to Singapore and Malaysia. First time outside the country for my parents.
- Translated open source mobile apps and browser extension to Kannada. TextSecure, RedPhone, CryptoCat
Previous Years: 2012,2011,2010, 2009, 2008, 2007