The year that was 2008
Year 2008 was more eventful than 2007. I am happy that I met more interesting people and visited more interesting places than 2007. 2008 was an amazing year for me in terms of traveling. I am yet to blog about places like Milan, Rome, Hampi etc. There were hundreds of interesting moments this year. Here are some of them
1. Year started with interesting visit to Bangalore’s biggest kitchen Akshaya Patra . Truly inspirational social entrepreneurship at work.
2. In January I also completed my five years at Infosys. Its been an amazing journey until now. Its only my primary school where I have spent more than five years. In that way Infy takes second place after my school.
3. Then came “milan me milan“. Like my any other decisions it didn’t take much time decide to spend my savings on traveling. Thanks to all my friends and specially to Mathang for making it possible. I visited most parts of Italy, Paris and Dubai. With out my friends and my family it wouldn’t have happened.
4. Myself and KV are still doing YAPodcast. Its an interesting project that I am part of. I am sure I will be able to give more time in 2009.
5.This year I completed five years in blogging world. Its been a roller coaster journey until now. Expecting a lot in the year 2009.
6. I didn’t do many long rides this year until Valparai happened. It was an amazing ride with my very close friends.
7. Then Nokia OpenLab happened. I never in my dreams expected it. Thanks to Nokia and WomWorld for that opportunity. I met interesting people and had very interesting conversations. Also got some time to explore Helsinki. Also thanks to Bangalore Mirror for putting me on front page.
8. Got too many happy news by year end. Three of my close friends got engaged. One got married. Two are on the way to become fathers :)
9.This December did a long drive with family. Drove to Durga, Hampi, Mantralaya, Bijapur and Badami. Drove around 1600kms in total.
10. Towards the year end did another five days of traveling with cyclists. It was again another amazing occasion to meet interesting people and get inspired. Now I have plans of buying a bicycle. I don’t have to tell I met very inspiring people.
11. I am really proud of Nano and Chandrayaan that showed world what India is capable of. One thing that bothered me was Taj incident. I am sure Major Sandeep will be in our hearts for long long time. I just wish peace for the world in 2009.
Personally I haven’t yet found answers to all my questions. I am yet to decide what I am supposed to do. Confused and still searching for answers like a kid. I hope 2009 has some answers for me.
Wish you all a very happy new year. May all your dreams come true in 2009.